MOLD BASES & PLATES
Manufacturing mold bases since 1982, we deliver high-quality standard, modified-standard, and specialized mold base tooling options built to our customers’ requirements. With our in-house steel plate, machining resources, inventory of components, and mass customization process control, we turn custom orders around fast.
Since we know how difficult it is to design every mold perfectly within a catalog specification, we provide the flexibility you need with little or no delay.
Bottom line: We deliver the highest quality mold bases – made the way you need them – in the shortest timeframe possible.
For example, installation of support pillars, guided ejector systems, eyebolt holes, rough blind pockets, and torch-cut through pockets can all be completed without delay. Here are some other advantages we offer:
- Very large equipment for manufacturing large molds
- High-performing Fortal® Aluminum mold bases with all the advantages and consistent material characteristics of steel bases, like exceptional machining and polishability – it’s another in-house material that enables us to offer fast modifications to standard bases
- Standard and unique components for molds such as our Threadformer™ Unscrewing Device, EXAflow® Tunnel Gates, and Return-Rite™ mold springs.
- Mold plate and components for those customers building their own mold bases.
- We have rotary grinding up to 160″, surface grinding up to 80″, and machining capacity up to 180″
- Not to mention, our expansive in-stock plate selection
Mold Base Product Line OptionsSTANDARD
- Steel Type Variances
- Plate Thickness Changes
- Guided ejector system
- Pry slots
- Eye bolts
- Support pillars
- Through or blind pockets that are rough or finished
- FCS Clamping seat holes
- Gundrilled waterlines
- C’Bores for quick disconnects
- Roughed cavity & core pockets
- Clamping Slots
- Eyebolt Holes
- Torch cutting
Check out our mold base standards available for you to easily customize.